EQUELLA 5 enables users to search, create, and manage content online, providing one central system to meet the requirements of an institution’s teaching and learning, research, media, and library content. This latest offering of the digital repository greatly enhances the user experience with an improved user interface, enhanced search capabilities, and the ability to discover and upload third-party content into EQUELLA.
One of the highlights of EQUELLA 5 is the extension of search capabilities with remote repositories, which provides users with the opportunity to further explore a wider spectrum of content. This feature builds upon the strengths of EQUELLA’s search capabilities, allowing users to access and import resources from external repository searches, and save time by importing results directly into a collection. This new function also allows EQUELLA to search within other institutional repositories, with the importing of metadata and resources.
EQUELLA 5 provides users with the ability to:
- Create, store, manage and share multiple types of educational content from a single digital repository – ideal for research, libraries, and learning objects
- Discover, classify, and compare digital learning resources in a managed content environment
- Seamlessly integrate with Moodle, including Moodle 2.0
- Access multiple types of learning content, from documents and streaming content to copyrighted materials, regardless of where the content resides
- Give online users the same experience as on-campus users
- Experience an enhanced user interface with a new contemporary, fully customisable design
- Directly harvest content from remote repositories for extended search and discovery capabilities
- Increase overall usability through tailourable portlets and custom link creation to suit individual user needs
To learn more about how EQUELLA 5 can take your digital content to the next level, visit our exhibition stand B1 at MootUK11.
Michaela Brighella, EQUELLA